Owned and Operated by
Fernando and Katia Saavedra
Fernando and Katia have decades of experience playing and coaching athletes at the highest levels. They share a unified commitment to developing players of any skill level to achieve their greatest possible level of competition.
Both continue to play at a high Volleyball level.
Katia Saavedra (Club Owner / Director)
Katia believes that developing an all-around player is essential to each individual’s progress. Talent is not the only quality needed to become an outstanding athlete, one must be coachable, open to change and disciplined. Most importantly, they must become a teammate able to bring the best out in everyone around them through example, energy and encouragement. Katia has three children, who all play volleyball and she instills these values in them as she does to every player in the club.
- She has coached volleyball for 29 years.
- She played at University of Tampa 1990-1994
- All-American setter 1993 and 1994
- Owner of Club Tampa Volleyball which later became Sandspurs Volleyball Club
- Owner and Director of Sand Life Volleyball